Creative Day Opportunities
Creative Choices is managed by highly skilled staff, with a long history and experience of providing services in the Social Care Sector. We are able to support people from a variety of backgrounds and have experience of working with a diverse range of client groups.
Creative Choices exists to make a positive difference in the lives of adults with learning disabilities, enabling our members to achieve their highest potential. We do this by providing a range of activities within a safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment, and clients are involved in every level of decision making about the service provided to them. Clients are encouraged to be independent adults, understanding their rights and choices, in order to become respected, confident, valued members of society.
To promote equality of access to social inclusion, recognise, respect and support the rights of people with disabilities to live and work within their own communities
To promote individuals to plan and achieve their preferred lifestyle
To provide and facilitate person centred opportunities to assist people to achieve their highest potential in life
To promote joint working and meaningful partnerships with other community services and agencies.
Support individuals to access & integrate within their local community and gain confidence. Provide a safe & secure service enabling users to flourish, have fun, make friends and develop skills. Our approach will be holistic & person centered, working around the individual, carers and professionals. The environment will be stimulating, offering choices, rewarding and encourage learning. We will work in partnership with local businesses, integrating fully with the community and developing outcomes for individuals.
Our Services will build up to include the following:
- Day opportunities
- P.A facilities
- Saturday morning social club, “The Vibe”
- Brokerage Services
- Support at Home
- One to one support
- Travel training
- Life skills training
Day Opportunities Provided by Creative Choices
Included in Creative Day Opportunities charges
- All travel during the day to different venues and/or trips out.
- All materials used for sessions at base, for example art & craft (excludes cookery classes).
- Tea, coffee, squash and biscuits consumed at head office.
Not included in Creative Day Opportunities charges
- Drinks and food purchased whilst in the community.
- Ingredients for cookery classes, take and bake or cooking for lunch.
- Admission charges on day’s out or half day’s out.
- Lunch (can be purchased separately if required through us).
Sessions at the Creative Day Opportunities will be tailored
to the Individual to achieve their outcomes
- Art and craft
- Numeracy & literacy
- Travel training/public transport
- Bake and take
- Basic cooking skills
- I.L.S (Budgets, shopping, cleaning, diet, H&S awareness, Personal hygiene, health, using equipment)